Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Reputation, a classic movie with some erotic hints

Didn't I say yet that I like George Brent? Oh did I… And can never get rid of this actor. Although he never played as the main character, his presence and well acting was brilliant in most cases. I could speak for hours about the lovely feelings he transmits me through the screen but here I will speak about a scene that startled me, because by the time it was on Spanish cinemas, Franco’s film code would not have allowed this movie to be screened. Yet it was. The plot itself is a song for a woman’s freedom, when a woman of those times in Spain should Never think like she does, or go against all odds. And then.. while some scenes where the characters kiss were banned and cut, here we see the original film as it was showed back in 1946-47 in Spanish Theaters, a scene that is more than a kiss, to me is like a hundred kisses, yet it’s not explicit. But it has even more mystery and expression and Was Not Cut. So, normally, today this could sound silly, but to the vintage lovers, we know that this “means something”, like those pre-code movies, so different from the 1940s films. And yet, here, a film made in the 40s shows an erotic scene, very subtle, very funny and that I wanted to share here.
Barbara Stanwyck and George Brent made more than two movies together. My reputation was directed by Curtis Bernhardt. The dialogs are great and as I said, it is rare that this movie was showed back in those times.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Thanks for your comment! Swell!

Old Time Beauty

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from the Jazzy Era, Fabulous Flapper FUN group pool. Make your own badge here.

Followers

Vintage Blogs

 

My Daily Vintage Magazine About Everything | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

BlogBlogs.Com.Br